Everest Base Camp Trek
With its ancient culture and the Himalayas as a backdrop, Nepal has long been the destination of choice for travellers in search of adventure. Land locked between the high plateaus of Tibet to the north and the hot, fertile plains of India to the south, Nepal is a land of ancient history, colourful cultures and people, amazing architecture and stunning scenery.
On this trek, you go from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu, a cosmopolitan city very much in the 21st century, but still with pockets dating back to ancient times, into the supreme majesty of Nepal’s high Himalayas. The pathways you will tread will not only take you to the foot of the world’s highest mountain through jaw-dropping scenery, but will envelop you in the spirit of Nepal and its people. As you pass through villages following traditional trade routes you will be given an insight into life in rural Nepal and marvel at the adaptability, resilience and tenacity of Nepal’s Sherpa people.
This trek can be generally qualified as moderate, with occasional strenuous days. A set of well-worn hiking boots, with a number of pairs of good hiking socks are an absolute necessity. No technical experience or mountaineering gear is necessary. While porters will carry the majority of your baggage, a moderate level of fitness is required.
- Day 1 : Trek briefing and preparation day
- Day 2 : Fly to Lukla (2886m), trek to Phakding (2640m) approx 3-4 hours
- Day 3 : Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m), approx 5-6 hours
- Day 4 : Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar and local excursion
- Day 5 : Trek Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3870m), approx 5-6 hours
- Day 6 : Trek Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m), approx 5-6 hours
- Day 7 : Rest at Dingboche for acclimatisation and a local excursion
- Day 8 : Trek Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m) via Dongla (4620m), approx 6 hours
- Day 9 : Trek Lobuche (4910m) to Gorakshep (5140m), to Base Camp (5486) approx 8-9 hours
- Day 10 : Trek Gorakshep to Kalapatthar (5545m) and down to Pheriche (4243m) approx 9-10 hours
- Day 11 : Trek Pheriche to Phortse (3810m), approx 4 ½ hours
- Day 12 : Trek Phortse (3810m) to Khumjung (3790m), approx 3 ½ hours
- Day 13 : Trek Khumjung to Phakding (2640m), approx 5 hours
- Day 14 : Trek Phakding to Lukla (2800m), approx 4 hours
- Day 15 : Fly Kathmandu
Note: The trek itinerary is a guide only and may be subject to change at short notice.
A set of well-worn hiking boots, with a few pairs of good hiking socks are an absolute necessity. No technical experience or mountaineering gear is necessary. While porters will carry the majority of your luggage, you will need to bring a durable daypack to carry necessary items for quick access during the trek, such as water, waterproofs, toilet paper, camera, a warm layer, snacks etc.
A full kit list will be sent to you upon confirmation of your participation on the trek.